Java Technical Author
About Chronicle Software
Chronicle Software is a London-based company founded by Peter Lawrey (https://github.com/peter-lawrey). We develop middleware solutions which are used as key infrastructure components for building high frequency trading systems. Our goal is to achieve the minimum possible latency and the best performance for our customers. Most of our solutions are open-source (https://github.com/OpenHFT) - your contributions will be publicly visible.
About the Role
You will be using Java development and writing skills to create both Java code examples and documentation.
Head of Software Development based in the UK.
Chronicle Software was founded in 2013 to provide innovative infrastructure solutions in Java and C++ for Tier 1 banks and hedge funds.
Many of our libraries are OpenSource and on GitHub.
We have flexible working hours and you can work from home.
- Strong written skills.
- Coding experience ideally in Java.
- Masters or PhD in Computing, Physics or Mathematics.
- Experience of using java sockets and TCP/IP networking code.
- Java8 and Maven.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Write code and document demos integrating with 3rd party products.
- Write demos for our core products.
We offer £35K-£40K/year, quarterly profit based bonuses plus EMI share options.
We only work from home. Hours are very flexible provided they are regular, team meetings should be attended.
- Work with a team with an average of over 20 years experience.
- Technically challenging work.
- Home working, choose your own equipment.
- EMI share options.
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 per year
Working hours: Flexible
Start date: 01/03/2020