Sales Development Rep (SDR)
About the Role
We are looking for a Sales Development Rep who will work directly with the CEO to develop our connection with accounting firms across the UK. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fintech startup at seed stage. You will be working with us to introduce a brand new payment system to the UK.
Are you looking for a role that can provide real opportunities at a company you can help shape?
Commazero is a payment platform that changes the way businesses manage and pay bills. We help accountants, bookkeepers and businesses collaborate on payments making them fast, fun and foolproof. Our vision is to eliminate antiquated payment processes that hold back small business.
We’ve just raised from one of Silicon Valley’s most prominent investors. We have enough funding to execute the vision and need people with a voice, who believe in what we’re doing.
We have a small team of experienced software engineers, and a head of design. You will be joining one other business development associate and be working directly with the CEO.
Demand has been high. We are piloting Commazero with select groups of accountants. This gives us time to make sure we have everything right prior to launching to the wider market. The role will involve connecting with accountants to find the next cohorts of pilot customers.
We value creativity, diversity, and challenging conventional thinking. We believe in supporting each other, managing our time, and learning everyday.
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in building their experience working with clients and/or working in the financial and/or technology sectors.
This will be right for any Business or Finance major who has a head for finance, and is an exceptional communicator, and is ready to start their career. You will be working directly with experienced startup founders and have the chance to experience what it’s really like to bring on your first 100 customers.
You’ll be easy going, friendly, courteous and not too pushy. You will have no concern with communicating with people you don’t know by email, over phone, or video call. You will be a great listener and understand who to analyse multiple conversations to help provide direction to product and marketing teams. You will need to understand accounting terms.
The CEO will run training sessions regularly to ensure you are fully prepared to come across credibly.
What you’ll be doing:
- Segmenting prospect lists using ZoomInfo and other directories
- A/B testing email messaging to determine the greatest response rate from prospects
- Determine if prospects are a good fit for our product
- Contacting prospects by email, phone, and / or linkedin
- Help to set meetings with the CEO with prospects
- Participating in interviews with prospective customers
- Eventually you will be trained to run your own meetings with customers
- Using your research and evaluation reports, you will be working closely with the product team to guide prototype and engineering efforts
We are looking for a permanent staff member who can start within the next 6 weeks.
We are looking for someone that has a way of connecting with people that few can match - a natural at engaging others in a mission or vision.
We consider the following critical to the role:
- Must love speaking to people and love having conversations. Fluent English is a must
- You will need to understand accounting basics - payables, receivables, bills, and invoices
- Must be a self starter and have great interpersonal skills
- Must be an active listener, and be able to adapt and learn based on what they hear
- Must be able to think on their feet, be creative and think of new ways to do things
- Must be ready to work in a startup environment
We have great benefits:
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Share options
We usually work in the Huckletree coworking space in White City with lots of other startups and creative people. It's an amazing space with a fantastic bunch of people. 100% remote working is fully supported or you are welcome to work in the office should you so desire.
Apply for this role
If you're interested in this role, please click the button below to apply and we'll be in touch.
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 per year
Location: Remote or White City
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Start date: ASAP