Content & Social Media Executive (internship)
We’re a social venture with an ambition to make society happier. Our first goal is to spark laughter and happiness for everyone living with dementia.
As a team, we’ve got a history of working with interactive lights and working closely with the dementia care industry and many of our team are motivated by personal experiences of having lived with dementia in our own families. We believe this makes a difference.
Over the past few years, we’ve worked with many of the top care home groups in the UK and Ireland, as well as with many libraries, hospitals and community centres. However, we saw opportunities to increase our impact and wanted to do more to tackle the challenges faced by those with dementia in their lives.
We started out with a simple idea – to listen to the many care staff, friends and family that we’d met and worked with to develop something truly ground-breaking. A best-in-class interactive light projector paired with a service offering so powerful, we were willing to guarantee its effectiveness. And so, Social-Ability was born…
We’re on that journey now and we’d love you to join us.
About the Role
Imagine being on the world’s highest rollercoaster and being suspended just before the big drop…
That’s a little how we feel. We’re on the edge of something big and we need the help of someone like you to take that next step.
Our friendly, coffee-loving Marketing Director.
In the hiring manager's words:
Everyone working at Social-Ability is trying to help bring a little happiness to people who need an extra laugh or smile each day. United by this purpose, we work hard and the pace can be fast at times, but as a team we get to laugh and enjoy what we do.
It’s part of the reason people tend to stick around.
- A great sense of humour and a desire to be part of a close-knit team.
- An interest in what we do; helping people with cognitive disabilities.
- An interest in what you do; a love of writing, of content and of marketing.
- Excellent writing skills (we don’t worry about split infinitives, but we do want someone who can write clearly, succinctly and to a certain style).
- An “all hands on deck” mentality (as and when needed).
- A relevant degree (e.g. English, Journalism, etc).
- Some experience of blogging and using social media for business.
- Some experience in getting content published on news and industry websites and/or partnership marketing.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Writing content for our blog, our social media activity and weekly emails.
- Writing and publishing content with clients and relevant media partners to develop a stronger presence across the care industry.
- Support our efforts in optimising our content for people and for Google.
- To help us become a stronger, louder and more influential voice in the stories and discussions taking place on relevant subjects across social media.
- Working with and successfully managing relationships with marketing teams of our larger clients.
This role will be paid £9 per hour for an initial 3-month internship. After that, if you like us, and we like you, the role will be offered on a full-time basis on a salary between £20,000 and £23,000.
- You’ll join an incredible team which shares the same ambitions and goals.
- You’ll have flexibility of where you work; working from home for the duration of the internship.
- You’ll receive a work laptop.
- You’ll be encouraged to take part in our team well-being activities.
Salary: £9 per hour
Working hours: Mon-Fri 9-5.30pm (but as with most things, there’s a bit of flexibility here).
Contract: Fixed term
Start date: ASAP