Junior Backend Developer
Mobilise is a software company that provides digital solutions for medium to large Service Providers in the field of telecommunications. Our new products help service providers launch modern, flexible digital services with unique set of features and capabilities, including Self-care mobile applications, web portal/e-commerce, CRM and more. We offer our services under SaaS model, and our clients include multi-national global brands in Europe, North America, South America and the Middle East. Our HQ is located in London, UK, but our diverse team is operating from all around the world.
About the Role
Mobilise Global are looking for a Junior Backend Developer who is proactive and likes to take ownership of their work. You will need hands on experience of Java and if you’ve used Mulesoft software that would be a distinct advantage.
Backend is the most critical part of the solution at Mobilise Global - it’s where all the intelligence lies. They follow a dev ops model whereby the developers work on the entire lifecycle of a product. They appreciate that a junior may not have extensive backend experience and they are prepared to provide support and on-the-job training to bring you up-to-speed.
The Junior Backend Developer reports to the CTO and will work closely with the Senior Backend Developer and is part of a six-person development team. This role is the second backend hire so a crucial hire for the business.
In the hiring manager's words:
“We are a small team and most of the team works remotely, we have 8 staff in the office and fifteen others working remotely all over the world. We have a very multicultural environment that is friendly and supportive. To give you an idea, the exposure and support that we’ve offered new employees has meant that several people have been promoted within, or stayed with us and switched to a career path that better suited their skills.
This is an exciting time to join us, we are in a growth phase having received some funding and acquired a very large and important new contract who will be the first customer to use a brand new platform that we’ve just launched.”
About Mobile Global
Mobilise Global is a software and consultancy company, providing SaaS solutions and end-to-end consultancy to the telecommunication industry. Clients include the UK Government, Car Phone Warehouse, Red Bull Mobile, Lebara Mobile and the Post Office.
- A Computer Science degree, or demonstrable development experience obtained in industry.
- Hands on experience in Java development.
- Beginner level programming skills using J2EE, Design Patterns, JMS, SOAP / REST Web Services, XSLT, XML, Spring Framework.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL queries.
- Basic knowledge of APIs is advantageous.
- The ability to communicate to non-technical business people, and equally the ability to talk technically with other developers.
- The ability to write comprehensive technical documentation.
- Experience of Mulesoft software.
- Some industry work experience or an internship.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Java coding of products.
- Management of code repositories.
- General knowledge of how a project works.
- Use Jira, Gitlab, Github.
- Document specific code you’ve written.
- You will be trained on all the tools and technologies that Mobilise Global use.
- Company pension.
- Laptop and company phone.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Apply for this role
If you're interested in this role, please click the button below to apply and we'll be in touch.
Salary: £24,000 to £27,000 per year
Location: London (Temporarily remote)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Start date: 01/04/2021