About Pupil Progress
Pupil Progress was started 4 years ago by two very experienced secondary school senior leaders with a mission to transform the way data is used in education.
We have built a revolutionary web-based platform that supports thousands of teachers in all aspects of assessment tracking, reporting and analysis. We give teachers confidence in their data so they can make the decisions they need to make to improve their teaching strategies and unlock their students’ potential.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing Edtech company. You will be employee number 4, so if it's your ambition to drive the marketing activities and strategy for a tech start-up that is going places this could well be the role for you...
Working closely with the CEO you’ll be responsible for all aspects of digital marketing from creating marketing plans and managing and growing our social media reach to designing and implementing email campaigns to following up sales leads and organising training videos.
More than anything you’ll need to be prepared to get your teeth into just about anything and be someone who relishes a challenge.
The job is yours if you bring lots of ideas, demonstrate high-skill and at least 2 years solid experience in marketing.
We are looking for bright, self-motivated, dynamic individuals meeting the following criteria:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline, but marketing would be an advantage
- 2-3 years solid marketing experience
- An exceptional grasp of the English language - this role includes lots of writing, where the founders will not have time to proof/edit everything. The ability to write engaging copy that is error free is essential,
- Experience creating and delivering multi-channel marketing plans and campaigns
- Experience of using Wordpress and writing blogs
- Experience of the full digital marketing mix including but not limited to SEO, PPC, email marketing and automation, content marketing, social media and online partnerships.
- An analytical brain - the ability to drill down into data to inform future marketing decisions.
- Good initiative and high personal standards
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with staff members and external suppliers,
- You are enthusiastic with a can-do attitude who shows initiative, yet is not afraid to ask for help when needed
- A keen eye for design and some ability to design professional flyers and social media posts.
- Experience using Hubspot or CRM/marketing automation is a real plus.
With the shifting nature of a start-up we are looking for someone who will flex and grow with the company, be willing to take on tasks outside their remit, or change tasks at the drop of a hat if required to do so. That's start-up life, and if you like stability, security and are afraid of change, this may not be the environment for you.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Create and build the digital marketing strategy for Pupil Progress alongside the CEO and founder.
- Implementation of all digital marketing activities to drive online sign-ups and leads.
- Analytics: Creating and monitoring HubSpot report Dashboards
- Analysing website traffic using Google Analytics to make recommendations to optimise the pages, such as reducing bounce for SEO and increasing sign-ups.
- Email Marketing: Creating and building emails for email marketing campaigns using HubSpot to reach new and existing customers to drive product adoption, and lead generation.
- Content Writing: Writing and proofing content for the company blog, website and social media channels.
- Website Management: Building web pages, creating landing pages and generally updating the website using [add tool e.g. wordpress].
- Community Management: Managing and creating content for social media channels, you may also use a CRM to manage relationships with customers
- Creation of flyers and promotional marketing materials for partners and internal activities.
- Monitoring and reporting of marketing activities and promotions using the various marketing platform data.
- Company pension
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays as standard (pro rata)
- An additional holiday day for every year you work up to a maximum of 5 extra days
- Option to work from home for part of the week to start with
- Mentoring from a leader with education and business experience
- Direct access to the company's founders
- Work directly with and learn from an experienced digital marketing consultant
- Fantastic opportunity to experience a range of roles and build your skills and interest
- A role with real responsibility from the start
The hiring process will start with a short interview to assess your suitability for the role, followed by a second interview in which you will be asked to present your marketing stratgey ideas for Pupil Progress.
Salary: £23,000 to £30,000 per year
Location: Brighton (flexible remote working to start)
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5:30pm (37.5 hour week)
Start date: 01/10/2020