State of Flux
About the Role
Are you a doer? Do you enjoy variety in your work, and thrive on spontaneity? If so this intern role could be right up your street.
State of Flux is looking for an intern who is keen to learn in a professional business environment. You will be willing to take on all sorts of challenges and be flexible and adaptable in your approach. The role supports our exec team with meeting and travel bookings, as well as supporting the wider consulting team with their project activities.
State of Flux often employ their interns as Business Analysts after the successful completion of the 6-12 month internship.
The Intern reports to a Managing Consultant and will work with and learn from Business Analysts. The intern will provide support for a team of 20.
In the hiring manager's words:
It's like a family at State of Flux. Everybody works well together, we are a very collaborative bunch. The exposure you get to senior people in different industries such as Financial Services and the Public Sector is really beneficial for developing your career. We are a small company, and because of our size and the fact we are growing fast there are so many opportunities. We play to people’s strengths and purposely don't expect everybody to be the same.
State of Flux is a fast growing procurement and supply chain consultancy headquartered in London with locations in the USA and Australia. Our creative and client-focused team are experts in procurement with a passion for solving our clients’ business challenges. We offer the only smart procurement and supplier management solutions in the market, combining consultancy, technology, training and managed services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, willing and keen graduate to support our analyst team. An understanding of procurement and supply chain management or a desire to learn more about management consulting is a big plus.
You will also have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business related field is desirable).
- A positive can-do attitude.
- A mature and professional business manner.
- Articulate, confident and professional when speaking to colleagues and clients.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Keen to get involved in projects, and learn about the company and the business.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet set deadlines.
- Polished and professional (verbal and written) communication in English.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Good report writing
- Interest in procurement and supply chain management
- Successful completion of Masters degree or MBA
Responsibilities and tasks
- Management of online surveys including data collection and analysis.
- Development of IP - creating documents from existing templates.
- Editing and formatting documents in Word and PowerPoint.
- Occasional pricing calculations using Excel worksheets containing simple formulas.
- Meeting booking and travel booking for the exec team.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5:30pm
Contract: Fixed term
Start date: 01/04/2020