Games Curator Internship
About the Role
Would you call yourself a Gamer? Do you have a worn out Xbox and Playstation to match your passion for playing and learning new computer games?
If this sounds like you, then read on my friend...
Yes, jobs like this, where you get to play computer games all day (well, most of the day) do exist, and this is one of them.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who’s loves gaming, is a decent copywriter and has an appreciation for user experience and UX design to get stuck in and get their hands dirty.
You should be excited to join a startup, ambitious, self-motivated and have great communication skills. We fully expect you to teach us a thing or two about computer games - you will fast become the "go-to" expert within the Stakester team.
A Bit About The Role
This is a role that computer games enthusiasts just dream of.
- Your primary responsibility will be to curate the games and competitions listed on the app. Feel like we’d make a fortune on Fortnite? Spotted a competitive community around a buzzing indie game? It’ll be your job to work out how we create fair and exciting experiences on each game for our users.
- Games are being updated all the time, and in this fast-paced industry we need to make sure we’re always up-to-date, so it will be your job to make sure the competitions we provide are authentic, accurate and entertaining.
- You’ll spend a lot of time playing current and potential games and embed yourself in various online gaming communities to make sure you’re at the forefront of the latest trends.
- Our unique tone of voice separates us from our competitors, so although you won’t be writing vast amounts of copy, what you do write will need to be on-point.
- The competitions you create should be exciting experiences for our users, so you’ll need to have a good idea of what makes a good experience using an app.
- You might need to explain rules and steps with screenshots, so a little photo-editing experience would be useful, though not essential.
A Bit About What We Believe In
So, if you didn’t think all the above was pretty damn sweet, how about this for dessert?
Alongside treating everyone in our company right, we also care about everyone on the outside too. And that’s why we always want to give back. So we’ve partnered up with Team Trees, who are on a mission to help rebuild our marvellous planet - and for every $100 spent via the app, they’ll plant one tree on our behalf! Backing ourselves and backing Mother Earth? Don’t mind if we do!
We have all the games consoles and games you need set up in our office near Farringdon. Given the current situation, we understand if you can’t work in the office very often. However, given the nature of the job, you’ll probably have to work from the office at least once a week to make sure you’re up to date with any changes in the games in our roster.
If this all sounds like a bit of you, then apply now by hitting the button below.
- We’ll get in touch on the platform if we like the look of your profile
- We’ll then ask you to complete a short task so we know you have the gaming smarts
- This role is starting as a fixed-term 3-month internship with the possibility of it becoming a permanent role thereafter depending on your performance.
So, what are you waiting for? Back yourself and apply for this role today 👇
Salary: £17,000 per year
Location: Farringdon, London
Working hours: Monday to Friday 10am-6pm
Contract: Fixed term
Start date: 13/07/2020