Junior Frontend Developer
Mobilise is a software company that provides digital solutions for medium to large Service Providers in the field of telecommunications. Our new products help service providers launch modern, flexible digital services with unique set of features and capabilities, including Self-care mobile applications, web portal/e-commerce, CRM and more. We offer our services under SaaS model, and our clients include multi-national global brands in Europe, North America, South America and the Middle East. Our HQ is located in London, UK, but our diverse team is operating from all around the world.
About the Role
- Consistently create well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and fully responsive site design
- Create websites and user interfaces, using standard HTML5/CSS practices, while incorporating data from back-end databases (MySQL and MongoDB) and services
- Lead website migration from LAMP to MERN.
- Create and maintain workflows with teams to provide visibility and to ensure workload balance for consistent visual designs
- Develop or validate testing schedules, addressing all browsers and devices to ensure various computers can access content
- Maintain updated knowledge of new and emerging industry trends and technology
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Meet regularly with business stakeholders and management to understand and refine business and functional requirements and determine project scopes and specifications
- Develop and maintain strategic operational systems, tools, and processes, including participation in tactical and strategic development projects
- Ensure software stability via regression, support quality assurance, and perform unit and user-acceptance testing to identify bugs and ensure production operations run successfully
- Work quickly and carefully to complete small edits requested by customers, develop plans for completing larger projects, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites
- Perform UI designs and coding, creating reusable objects and templates, wireframes for web pages and email templates; manage maintenance, updates, expansions, and scaling of each design
- Perform regular file backups to local directories for recovery
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in web user interface design (UI) is a must
- Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience working with MySQL and MongoDB databases
- Working knowledge of web applications, programming languages, and web services, such as APIs, CSS, cross-browser compatibility, HTML, React JS, security principles.
- An eye for design would be an advantage - experience with vector files, Adobe, Corel / similar graphic design software
- Experience Search Engine Optimisation is an advantage
- Proficiency with content management systems, including WordPress
- Working experience in Linux environments
- Experience implementing and using GitLab CI/CD
- Experience in PHP and Laravel would be an advantage
- Mon-Fri 9-5pm (we allow some home working / flexible hours etc)
- Company pension
- Laptop and company phone
- Cycle to work scheme.
Apply for this role
If you're interested in this role, please click the button below to apply and we'll be in touch.
Salary: £24,000 to £27,000 per year
Location: London (Temporarily remote)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Start date: ASAP