About the Role
Helipaddy is the world’s largest landing site database. With over 10,000 landing site locations and aerial points of interest available online and via the free-to-download iOS and Android mobile apps, it is the go-to place for adventurous pilots and aviation entrepreneurs seeking new and exciting places to visit.
We are looking for a Junior Technical Project Manager to join our young and expanding team in our offices at Battersea Heliport. We deliver innovation to the helicopter community - come work in a startup environment and embrace genuine responsibility.
The successful applicant will act as a technical coordinator, assisting with day-to-day operations to aid Helipaddy’s technical functions. Candidates should be happy working on multiple smaller, feature-based projects, working closely with the COO to improve efficiency across the platform, and ensuring all new features are delivered on time to help keep the project running smoothly.
Candidates need not have previous experience as a Technical Coordinator but should be technically minded with an eye for detail.
- Monitor Helipaddy technical systems.
- Monitor, diagnose and respond to software faults.
- Deal directly with technical customer queries.
- Log customer queries with the development team.
- Liaise on and translate new feature ideas into practice.
- Work directly with the COO and Project Manager(s) to agree technical roadmap and delivery expectations according to company goals and objectives.
- Working with outsourced designers and developers to oversee their progress to delivery.
- Help test and evaluate newly implemented application features.
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- An interest in technology
- Excellent written communication skills (the ability to form relationships with non-technical stakeholders and technical practitioners)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong time-management skills
- The natural desire to learn and adapt
- A natural ability to logically plan ahead and anticipate problems or issues and suggest reasonable solutions based on available information
- A degree in a relevant subject discipline (e.g sciences, computer science, engineering, information management systems)
- Previous experience in systems development, analysis, programming or testing is preferred but not essential.
Job Type: Full time Salary: Dependent on experience
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Start date: 01/10/2019