Sales Development Representative
About the Role
At Chattermill we use cutting-edge AI technology to give leading companies the key to improving their customer experience. We work with many of the most exciting companies in the world (Uber, HelloFresh, Transferwise, Skyscanner, and Deliveroo to name a handful!) and are passionate about helping them put their customers’ at the heart of their decision making.
In four short years, we’ve grown from two co-founders to a team of 40 (and counting) bright and diverse individuals. We have big plans and are now looking for a Sales Development Representative to join us as an integral member of our Sales team. The Sales Development Representative will be the initial voice of our sales process and will work to identify and qualify new opportunities for partnerships with Chattermill. They will work in tandem with our Account Executives and Growth team and have a fantastic opportunity to develop their career in sales.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will:
- Build and develop strong relationships with prospective clients
- Use your holistic knowledge of the company’s product and service offering to act as an ambassador and advisor to potential clients
- Perform regular prospective outreach using a variety of channels including over the phone, email, and social media
- Support marketing efforts and follow up on inbound leads garnered from the company website, events, and campaigns
- Develop an excellent knowledge of the customer experience space by performing market research and staying up to date with industry movements
- Develop and implement your own outbound campaigns to develop your territory and key targeted accounts
- Work closely with the Account Executive and Growth team to achieve overall commercial targets
What we’re looking for:
- A collaborative team player who cares deeply about the success of the wider business
- Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, a customer-centric and consultative approach to working
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to ask effective questions, listen actively and analyse key information
- The ability to identify and address the needs of prospective clients
- Resourcefulness and the ability to find impactful information and approaches
- The ability to tell stories using data and craft effective messaging and content
- An understanding of Customer Experience and what makes a great customer journey
- You’re digitally savvy and have the ability to embrace and master new technology
- You have a “can-do” attitude and take the initiative to develop both the business and your career
- You’re adaptable, coachable, and driven to continuously improve and strengthen your skillset
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in sales development in a SaaS or B2B environment
- Startup experience (including in unrelated field)
- Degree level of education
Why join us?
- A competitive salary and on target earnings
- Great progression opportunities - we want you to grow with us!
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays)
- A big focus on personal development including a £500 development budget and biweekly Breakfast and Learns
- Perks including discounts on cinema tickets, utilities and more
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work from home
- Lovely office (with great coffee, events, and a rooftop terrace)
- Office wellness events like Monday Mindfulness and Yoga
- Quarterly Company Socials planned by our great colleagues!
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per year
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Start date: 01/10/2019