People & Culture Assistant
About the Role
We are looking for a People & Culture Assistant to support the People function at Everledger. This is an incredibly varied role that will support the day-to-day operations of the People function. Initially starting as a part time (3 days a week) but likely to expand beyond that over time.
The role will support multiple geographies, globally, which means there is great opportunity for growth and development.
Your main duties include maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents (e.g. employment records, onboarding processes, HR policies), supporting recruitment and ensuring all documentation is up to date. You will be the first point of contact for all employee requests and manage these in effective and efficient ways, ensuring there are no obstacles to our people being able to perform in their roles. Ideally you will have a good understanding of recruitment processes and candidate experience, as well as experience in creating exceptional employee experience.
This is a role that requires flexibility and someone who has experience in exceptionally fast paced environments, where you can use your initiative to get the job done. You should also be comfortable with researching and understanding employment law.
IMPORTANT: We know you may not have experience in all of the items below, but we are keen to speak to those who have some degree of experience in recruitment and working with HR policies. Extensive administration and time management experience is a must.
- Exceptional time management & organisation skills, ideally with experience of managing schedules.
- Experience of working with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- A strong understanding of candidate experience, with professional experience supporting recruitment processes.
- Ideally has worked in an environment with high sensitivity/confidentiality.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Comfortable working with employees at every level in the business.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, experience managing processes e.g. onboarding
- Strong communication skills are key as this role will support remote teams and several time zones.
- CIPD accredited or working towards is a bonus.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Managing all pre-advertising documentation and processes, engaging with hiring teams to do so.
- Posting job adverts.
- Scheduling interviews across multiple time zones.
- Gathering feedback after interviews.
- Taking candidates through the pipeline as quickly as possible to support their positive experience.
- Collecting candidate feedback.
- Coordinating the onboarding process ensuring all items on the onboarding checklist are executed in a timely way, including gathering documentation.
- Purchase and delivery of relevant hardware in line with company policy.
- Managing calendars of the new hire and hiring team, ensuring they are scheduled to meet those they need to on day/week 1.
- Triggering probationary review processes in our HR system.
- Collecting new hire feedback at relevant intervals.
- Being the first point of contact for our Everlegends, working with them to resolve day-to-day issues, including laptop repair, equipment purchases and questions on policies e.g. perks and benefits.
- Participating in and supporting employee engagement initiatives, including planning team events, reward and recognition and championing our Core Values.
- Reviewing and keeping our employee handbooks up to date.
- Ensuring all employee documentation is up to date and stored in line with ISO and GDPR requirements.
- Supporting the creation and communication of policies and decks as necessary.
- Supporting with finance administration and Operations administration e.g. finance handbooks, insurance renewals.
- Other projects and administrative tasks that may come up as the priorities of the business changes
Salary: £21,000 to £24,000 per year
Location: London (Temporarily remote)
Working hours: Part time - 3 days a week initially
Start date: 01/03/2021