Junior App Developer
PubMate is a dedicated recommendation platform for pubs. We provide detailed search criteria to help users find pubs for every occasion. Our mission is become the leading marketplace of UK pubs.
About the Role
Fit, Fire , Function
Have you a love for pubs and tech? Then you’ve come to the right place!
PubMate is a dedicated recommendation platform for pubs. We use search criteria and machine learning to help users find pubs for every occasion. Our mission is to become the UK’s leading marketplace for pubs. We are on the hunt for a rockstar App developer and are offering an opportunity to join as one of the co founding members of a super cool early stage startup with significant growth potential. You’ll be working with the founders to create and launch the Pubmate MVP which is scheduled for a soft launch in March 2021.
We're looking for:
This is a 3 month paid internship with the opportunity to convert into a full time role at the end of the internship.
Role & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar program
- Solid academic record * Good time management skills
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating System.
- Great communication and organisational skills.
- React Native - MUST have some experience
- Java Script, HTML & CSS
- React or similar
- Experience with building cross platform Apps for Smart Devices. Using REST APIs
- Dev Tools such as: GIT/Jenkins/Docker/Chef/Ansible/Bash AWS
Qualities we're looking for:
- Problem-solving: Obsessively focused on how our product can solve end user problems.
- We do functional, not flashy.
- Ambitious curiosity: Eager to learn skills and technologies outside of your comfort zone and grow into a senior leadership role at Pubmate .
- Dependability & accountability: Trusted to deliver on the commitments you make to the team, from the big picture results to the nuanced details.
- Time Management
- The opportunity to join a passionate startup team working closely with the founders. 3-month project with the potential to join full time post internships with an attractive stock options package
- Remote based role
- A mixture of autonomy over your role and real responsibilities to the team and business
PubMate is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category.
Salary: £8.72 per year
Working hours: 25 hrs p/ week
Contract: Fixed term
Start date: 01/02/2021