Junior Backend Engineer (PHP)
Bluecrest Wellness is on a mission to inspire and motivate our customers to take control of their health and wellness by empowering them with a clear understanding of their current health status.
COVID-19 has enabled the business to take a look at how we deliver our health screenings and we have some big plans to continue to grow the business and support our customers ever growing health needs.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Junior Backend Engineer to join our Product team and also act as a 2nd line support for the business.
This role was previously carried out by a member of the team who also started as a Junior Backend Developer and has now taken on more web development duties.
This role is suited to someone who is at the start of their development career and wants to build their experience and understanding of agile web development.
As 2nd line support for the business you’ll be receiving and responding to technical problems from internal stakeholders and identifying, researching and resolving customer issues.
Your technical background…
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Recent experience of PHP
- Exposure to PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symphony
- Experience using JIRA and JIRA Service Desk would be ideal, but not required
- Experience with VCS such as Git or Bitbucket
You as a person…
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- A team player with high energy
- Versatile and able to cope well under pressure
- Determined to be the best at what you do
What we can offer you…
- An engaging work environment including social activities throughout the year
- 4 free health screenings a year
- Vitality life insurance
- Free fruit
- Free monthly massages
- Free monthly pizza
- Flexible working 2 days from home after probation
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Start date: 01/10/2020