Junior Graduate Developer / Technical Consultant
About the Role
You will be joining an experienced and talented team who develop and deliver business applications for the finance community. Our cloud based FastPost Accounting Rules platform & Sub-Ledger provides a 3rd generation solution that help our customers address accounting and analytic requirements driven by new regulatory standards.
The role will provide an opportunity for a motivated graduate to develop a skillset that is in high demand and will continue to become more sought-after as enterprise cloud software services are adopted.
The role is based in London (Paddington), but some occasional overseas travel may be required.
- Working Legerity projects and helping Legerity develop & operate its FastPost Cloud Services on Amazon Web Services.
- Rapidly acquire a general business understanding of the Legerity software and its AWS cloud infrastructure. Including knowledge of the Legerity data API.
- Gain an understanding of the AWS Platform and services including EC2, RDS, S3, Glacier, Load Balancing and AWS networking & security
- Learn AWS CLI tools and programming techniques.
- Work on specific customer project providing technical or programming support as required by the project.
- Participate in R&D project where new OpenSource technologies are evaluated. Develop an understanding of how these next-generation technologies can be leveraged to provide significant business benefit for Legerity’s customers.
- Work in parallel with our Software Development Team who are based in Poland.
Experience and skills
- Computer Science Graduate role, fast learner, motivated, organised, inquisitive and have a strong interest in new technologies
- Standard Linux skills. Programming experience with Java, Python or similar modern languages
- Database experience with PostgreSQL or similar RDBMS’s plus SQL
- Understanding the development and deployment of Web Services technologies, especially RESTful services
- Be highly technical and hands-on. Able to work on multiple projects and be able to switch tasks when required.
- Enjoys working in team environment, as well as working on individual goals and objectives.
Any experience with the following technologies would be relevant: AWS, In-Memory technologies, Open Source RDBMS, Hadoop/HDFS and NoSQL.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Start date: 01/10/2019