Full Stack Developer
Mixer is not your traditional venture builder. We build and scale digital ventures, in partnership with forward-thinking global enterprises. We work with a handful of strategic partners to access their 'unfair' advantages to de-risk the ideas and businesses we back. These include banks such as Barclays, and technology firms such as Amazon.
About the Role
We're looking for a full-stack Developer who wants to join a new start-up for a new exciting project: Saathi. Saathi is a new fintech venture being incubated by Mixer (Incohare Ventures Limited), a startup venture development platform.
1 month fully paid starter internship to get settled and prove experience. Post-internship, job offer with 3 months probationary period.
About the company
Saathi means ‘Partner’ and we want to be a financial partner to employees, 50% of whom are living paycheck to paycheck and just help them make the step up from survival to a more balanced financial health. Sorting out financial issues does result in taking away stress, improving focus and showing that a company cares about it’s workforce in every way. We hope you will partner with us to bring this vision to others.
Chief Product Officer
In the hiring manager's words:
Dedicated to a real drive and desire to improve peoples financial health by getting them early access to salary and helping them get educated and supported across their financial and personal lives. We want to ensure that organisations can be there for their colleagues to show they will support them to be their best at all times.
- Degree in Computer Science or related Information Technology / Developer education
- Good communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Some work experience in development
- Working knowledge of AWS is preferred (cognito, lambda, dynamo db, API, cloudfront and cloudwatch)
- Ability to setup and run CI/CD pipelines is useful
- Unit testing with Jest and Storybook would be helpful
- Translating design from Figma to code
- Use of notion.so for planning
- Agile techniques when it comes to planning and task breakdown
Responsibilities and tasks
- Translate design and development asks into tasks and support development planning
- Develop react components against a front end experience design
- Integrate with third party tools (google analytics, wordpress, intercom, apollo, cashfree and hyperverge)
- Setup data and integrate GraphQL and REST APIs as required
- Make effective use of AWS components to minimise code and integration
- Create a solid deployment and integration pipeline
- Setup code repositories and a path from dev to live
- Automate testing wherever possible
- Check and challenge design approaches
- Help with architecture design and execution
- Recommend tools and frameworks to make development quicker and easier for others to pick up
- Educate other developers on your techniques
- £20K-£30K depending on depth of experience across the core requirements and desirable aspects.
- Core working hours between 9.00-5.00, Monday to Friday
- Will happily accommodate flexible hours
- No comms expectations outside of core working hours
- 1 hour lunch breaks expected daily, encouraged to get out and get away from screens to keep well-being at the core
- No meetings after 3pm on Friday - get a bit of time back to sort out documents and catch-up items
- A charter of working time that super important for your well-being
- Remote working during lockdown periods with a virtual team to start with and option for sustained remote working
- Stock options to really buy into the company as it grows (upon completion of probation)
- We are working on additional benefits as we develop over the next period
Salary: £20,000 to £30,000 per year
Working hours: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
Start date: ASAP