About Avid Games
At Avid Games we have worked with some of the world’s biggest brands, including NFL, NBA, Discovery and F1. In 2019 however, we committed to publishing our own title for iOS/Android: Cards, the Universe, and Everything (aka CUE).
With its combination of offbeat humour, educational content, and addictive gameplay, CUE has gained considerable interest - not only from players, but also from investors and industry veterans. With strong backing and a winning product, we’re looking to for dedicated, curious and talented people to make the most of the opportunity in 2020 and beyond.
About the Role
We’re looking for a highly driven and enthusiastic Multimedia Intern who is a recent graduate and wants to gain experience in the mobile games industry. You’ll be working on a game called CUE Cards TCG - Cards, the Universe and Everything.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter looking at using their skills in a fast paced environment while working remotely. You'll have a passion for gaming, video editing, visual effects and graphic design. The role will involve creating weekly videos, social assets and advertisements for the publishing side of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree in multimedia or 3D animation
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects / Premiere Pro / Photoshop
- Graphic design skills
- Excellent eye for detail and ability to conform to brand guidelines
- Ability to produce videos from scratch, and take our video content to the next level.
- Ability to work as part of a team
We think the perfect person will have the following:
- A passion for Multimedia design.
- Can self manage and prioritise tasks based on deliverables.
- Design videos and assets from verbal briefs.
- Flexible and willing to put in extra time when deadlines are tight.
- Happy to present concepts and ideas internally.
- Storyboarding/ Sketching out your ideas should be second nature.
- Always happy to receive feedback on your work.
- Happy to provide an opinion about design regardless of your experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well organised, hardworking and able to multitask.
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm for constantly improving your skills.
- A get up and go attitude.
- 3D design and animation skills.
- Website design.
- A passion for card games.
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Interested in marketing.
On the job
You will work closely with the Publishing Director who will create briefs for social media assets, in-game assets and user acquisition ads that you will be tasked with creating. Being good at accepting feedback is a must in this role. The creative team will work with you to manage your workload, provide oversight of your work and hone your skills.
In exchange, Avid Games are looking for someone who wants to get involved in every aspect of their business. They will invest in your development and they are looking for someone who will ideally grow and stay with the business.
You will need a portfolio to apply for this position either with a personal website, Dribbble, Behance or a YouTube showreel and you may be asked to produce something to a brief in advance of an interview.
Salary: £19,000 per year
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Contract: Fixed term
Start date: 01/08/2020