About the Role
Due to the current COVID-19 situation - this role is on hold until the company are able to start interviewing and hiring again. You are still welcome to apply, but response may be slower than usual and delayed until the client is able to be back in their routine. Thanks for your understanding.
Our Insurance Innovation and Analytics team is applying QOMPLX:OS to develop the next-generation insurance underwriting platform, complete with advanced actuarial, natural-catastrophe and cyber-insurance models. As part of the team, the analyst will be integral to the research and development of the tools and analytics that go into the platform.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, fantastic attitude and be comfortable tackling any challenge set before him or her. We provide significant flexibility and autonomy to team members, have high expectations and expect everyone to contribute meaningfully to our broader collective goals.
The Quantitative Analyst reports to the Director of (Re)insurance Analytics & Innovation
QOMPLX™ makes it faster and easier for organizations to integrate all the disparate data sources across the enterprise into a unified analytics infrastructure to make better decisions. This broader analytics infrastructure is provided through QOMPLX:OS, an enterprise operating system that powers QOMPLX’s decision platforms in cybersecurity, insurance underwriting, and quantitative finance. Headquartered in Reston, VA, QOMPLX, Inc. also has offices in New York and London. More information about QOMPLX can be found at https://www.qomplx.com/.
We pride ourselves on integrity, humility, resourcefulness, collaboration, and our ability to tackle the world’s most demanding problems. We are looking for exceptional talent to help us grow.
If this type of environment sounds exciting, we encourage you to look in detail at the job summary below, and apply using the links at the bottom of the page.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject
- Experience in statistical or actuarial analytics
- Programming experience in a high-level language
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Be well organised and analytical
Responsibilities and tasks
- Researching the perils behind insurance products
- Assist with the design, testing and validation analytical tools and models
- Programming and testing mathematical routines for pricing, underwriting and portfolio management
- Assist with advanced model development, including proof-of-concepts, prototyping and customer-demonstration
- Support Product Owner and Scrum Master per sprint execution-cycle on all of the above
Salary: £25,000 to £35,000
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Start date: 01/03/2020