Marketing Internship (3 months)
byRuby is the brainchild of Ruby, a Leiths trained Chef and Milly our Creative Director. As busy working women with a passion for good food they realised that there was no option out there for high quality frozen ready meals. Thus byRuby was born.
Frozen allows for the freshest ingredients. No need for nasty additives. We are passionate about sustainability so we only use free range chicken, grass-fed meat and quality local veg where possible and our packaging is totally recyclable, the only plastic is on the seal. Just put the meal straight into the oven and away you go. High-quality alternative to meals cooked from scratch at home.
About the Role
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining byRuby, an ecommerce frozen food retailer with bags of personality and who delivers incredibly tasty, home-made frozen meals to your door. byRuby is looking for a Marketing Assistant to take up the social media reins amongst other things initially for a 3 month internship, but with a view to the position becoming permanent depending on performance thereafter.
The Marketing Assistant reports directly to the CEO and Creative Director and will also work closely with an external Marketing Consultant with oodles of food retail experience, so the learning potential in this role is immense!
In the hiring manager's words:
“I founded byRuby with Ruby in 2018. Staggered by the response to our really delicious frozen food during lockdown we're really ready to drive growth and now need extra help with our marketing. Our team is made up of 3 office based and 3 kitchen staff who are all really lovely. We take a lot of care in who we hire so it's a very nice place to work.”
- An exceptional grasp of the English language - this role includes lots of writing, and the founders haven’t got time to check and edit everything so you must be able to write engaging copy that is error free,
- Good initiative and common sense,
- A flexible, open approach. You will be keen to help out even with things not strictly in your remit,
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with staff members and external suppliers.
- A keen eye for design and some ability to design professional flyers and social media posts,
- An analytical brain - the ability to drill down into ecommerce and buyer behaviour data to inform future marketing decisions.
Responsibilities and tasks
- The day-to-day management of byRuby’s social media presence on Instagram and Facebook to drive organic traffic to the site.
- Email marketing to customers to drive retention and repeat sales using Mailchimp.
- Some liaison with the Facebook ad agency to ensure organic activity is complementary to the ad strategy.
- Supporting the Marketing Consultant with implementation of all digital marketing and ecommerce activities to drive online sales and sales through offline partner channels.
- Creation of flyers and promotional marketing materials for partners and internal activities.
- Monitoring and reporting of marketing activities and promotions using the various marketing platform data and Shopify data.
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Friends and family discount on byRuby products,
- The opportunity of a permanent position. byRuby is looking for someone who will stay with the company and eventually grow into their marketing lead.
Salary: £19,000 to £23,000
Location: Remote (London when not remote)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Contract: Fixed term
Start date: 01/08/2020