Community and Social Media Manager
We're a premier platform that enables users to back themselves and challenge anyone from around the world to a game of their choosing. Basically, this gig is about believing in yourself and backing yourself, so you can take home some hard-earned cash ...kind of like this job! Taking risks and crazy chances aren’t our thing - we empower people to believe in their own skills and worth and control their own destiny.
Bottom line? Stakester is where heroes come to back themselves. We’re a new company with a diverse squad of competitors, gamers and previous startup winners. We value hunger, passion, ideas and shared success and we want you to fit right in!
About the Role
Ready for some brilliant buzzwords? Then read on my friend...
If you’re into gaming, sports, pop-culture, movies, music and everything in-between, then lucky for you, level one is complete. If you live and breathe social media, from managing social accounts to engaging with communities all across the board, then congrats on completing level two. But most importantly, if you believe in yourself and back yourself no matter what, then hurrah because you’ve smashed all three levels and we want someone like you right now!
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who’s confident when it comes to growing social followings, building kick-ass communities, creating brand awareness and getting their hands dirty with any task that is thrown their way. After all, this is the wonderful world of startups we’re talking about here! Never worked for a startup before? Don’t sweat it! You just have to be ready to rumble in a fast-paced environment and be the ultimate team player.
We need you to be ambitious and self-motivated, have great communication skills and be full of ideas. Heck, maybe you could even teach us a thing or two! We love experimenting and fully believe that everyone brings something valuable to the table, so be prepared to try new ideas, help us with ours and just strive to be your best, in a team that wants you to be your best!
A Bit About The Role
- Managing all social accounts from TikTok to Discord, as well as using Hootsuite to schedule and monitor social content and engagement.
- Growing our social following on all of our accounts. How you do it is where your knowledge and skills are crucial.
- Engaging with our current social audiences, whether that be replying to Instagram comments or chatting to people on Discord - engagement is key!
- Doing the rounds on our socials, following relevant accounts, liking and commenting on posts, etc. That kind of thing may seem tedious, but it’s a must when it comes to creating brand awareness and of course, engagement!
- Creating and sharing content on all socials, whilst adhering to brand guidelines. Memes, videos...you name it! We’re all about the content here at Stakester and we want you to contribute in a big way!
- Supporting our Stakester community by answering questions and queries via our email and socials. Top notch customer service is something we pride ourselves on. No ifs, buts or maybes.
- Reaching out and building communities both in and outside of the gaming and sports realm. Again, how you do it is where your expertise lies.
- You’ll also come across tasks that won’t necessarily be part of your job role, but that’s the startup life. What they’ll be? Who knows! But that’s the fun of it, right?!
A Bit About What We Believe In
So, if you didn’t think all the above was pretty damn sweet, how about this for dessert?
Alongside treating everyone in our company right, we also care about everyone on the outside too! And that’s why we always want to give back. In true Stakester style of wanting to show our support where and when we can, any time a user plays a game via the app, we donate a percentage of it straight to charity. Yes, that’s right...every single game. Backing ourselves and backing a good cause? Don’t mind if we do!
To sum it up, this role is where organised, yet creative people come to thrive! We also need you to be bursting with content ideas and itching to try new campaigns. In fact, just itching to try anything full stop. When we say the social media world is your oyster, we flippin’ well mean it! And when we say we want you to build the biggest, baddest communities in all the land, we definitely aren’t messing around. Remember, this is where we need you to come show off your skills, share your wisdom and run with creative freedom, all whilst bringing those community-lovin’ vibes!
If this all sounds like a bit of you, then apply now by hitting the button below. Create your profile on DigitalGrads and we’ll get in touch if you’re successful.
So, what are you waiting for? Back yourself and apply for this role already!!
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 per year
Location: Farringdon, London
Working hours: Monday to Friday 10am-6pm
Start date: 07/12/2020