Digital Marketing Executive
About Shoot Limited
Shoot (www.shootgardening.co.uk) is transforming the way we garden by enabling everyone to be a successful gardener. Shoot provides every member with a personalised garden plan, telling them what to plant, where to plant it and how to care for it each month. Shoot is innovating with data science and AI in the plant and gardening space.
About the Role
We are looking for an outstanding and energetic digital marketing executive to join our growing team to work alongside the founder, product and tech teams in an exciting and growing entrepreneurial company.
You’ll be responsible for all aspects of digital marketing from managing and growing our social media reach to designing and implementing email campaigns to following up sales leads to organizing training videos.
More than anything you’ll need to be prepared to get your teeth into just about anything as you’d expect in a dynamic start up environment.
The role will be a flexible 37.5 hours a week. Please note that gardening activities are weekend focused so social media management is also required on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays. (This could mean only working a half day on Friday for example)
There are 4 people on the Shoot team headed up by Nicola, the founder and CEO. The Digital Marketing Executive will work alongside the whole team and will report into and work closely with Nicola.
In the founder's words:
"We’re a small team that functions really well together despite the fact we often work remotely. We all have specific responsibilities but we also support each other as demands change so much from one day to the next. We are looking for someone to join the team with the opportunity to become a key part of the company’s future."
Shoot was conceived by Nicola Gammon, a 'self-taught' gardener who wanted a simpler way to approach the planting and care of her own garden. She realized the hard (and expensive) way how important it is to put the right plants in the right place, and to maintain them at the right times.
Shoot provides a one stop solution for this with monthly maintenance emails, expert help and advice, and the option to design or re-create your dream garden with their award-winning design software.
- A recent graduate with excellent spoken and written English as well as good analytical skills.
- Has a ‘hands-on’ approach and positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently, and within a team.
- A quick learner prepared to learn new skills, challenge and ask questions, with bags of energy and a friendly personality.
- Able to use all social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, Vimeo, YouTube).
- Able to use other marketing tools including Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint), CRM system.
- Ideally, an interest in gardening and garden design.
- Previous work experience either as a work placement or part time job to demonstrate work ethic and digital marketing expertise would be a bonus.
Core competencies You will be asked to take part in a psychometric assessment that will be looking to see if you naturally possess a combination of these competencies that are required to do this role successfully.
Project management - the ability to take responsibility and do whatever it takes to achieve project objectives; being driven, energetic and keen to test your own skills.
Attention to detail - you take great care with tasks and have a respect for craftsmanship, for doing things properly and for complying with policies and procedures.
Interpersonal skills - the ability to appreciate another person’s motivational and emotional needs so that you develop effective working relationships with others both inside and outside the organisation.
Motivation - you are a self-starter who has the drive and aspiration to make the most of any opportunities to showcase your talents. Being results orientated, you willingly accept personal responsibility, and are determined to see things through to a successful conclusion.
Self-confidence - you are are optimistic and up beat in your outlook, and you are composed and self-assured, readily expressing your ideas and opinions in a manner that inspires confidence in others
Analytical - you having a systematic and considered problem solving style, and you will critically evaluate information from various sources and question the efficacy of different proposals or solutions.
Creative - you are curious and have lots of ideas and you are a resourceful problem solver.
On day one you will be able to:
- Take over full responsibility and reporting of our social media activities across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube.
- Design and implement email campaigns
After a month you will be able to:
- Work with our CRM system (Hubspot).
- Follow up on leads generated through social media & CRM
- Provide reporting on social media performance as well as Google Analytics and Mailchimp activity
- Develop content for Shoot using information gained from competitor analysis
After 3 months you will be able to:
- Set up and host training videos
Initially the role will be paid at £20-24k p.a. depending on experience with the opportunity to increase and earn commission on sales. There are many opportunities for the future to grow and to advance as the company does.
Flexible 37.5 hour working week (over 7 days) Holiday: 20 days p.a. plus public holidays Pension: Yes Other: Potential in the future to participate in an employee options scheme (in planning)
This role will be recruited remotely, using Zoom video conferencing to host a 2-stage interview process. The hiring process will also include a psychometric assessment and a creative and copywriting test. You will then be required to start the role in a remote capacity until we return to work from our shared offices in Kings Cross.
Salary: £20,000 to £24,000
Location: Remote, then Kings Cross in London
Working hours: Flexible 37.5 hour working week (over 7 days)
Start date: 01/05/2020