Marketing Assistant (June, 19)
About the Role
Smarterly is an exciting, young fintech business that makes investing easier for everyone. We provide an easy, affordable and convenient way for everyone to invest using our savings and investing platform which uses artificial intelligence to build and monitor investment ISA portfolios. It’s as easy as shopping on Amazon!
At a time when interest rates are at a near all-time low and financial wellbeing is high on the agenda for many employers, we aim to turn the UK in to a nation of savers by offering our platform and technology as part of an employee benefits package through the workplace. We help employees build healthy savings habits by saving and investing direct from their pay.
Backed by Unum, a Fortune 500 Company and one of the UK’s largest providers of employee benefits, Smarterly partners with the UK’s leading Employee Benefits Consultants and has many high-profile corporate clients including some of the best-known global brands.
We’re a growing team, based in Central London, with goals that will be met by rapid growth. As a newly established company, each day brings different challenges and exciting opportunities to really make a difference. If you’re a self-starter and willing to ‘get stuck in’ to meet the demands of this fast-paced business, we want to hear from you. You’ll get the opportunity to grow with us on our journey and learn from some of the industry’s best talent.
We’re looking for a passionate, driven and team-focused Marketing Assistant to fill a new role within the business. You’ll have experience in digital marketing activity including social media, blog and web content, as well as a keen eye for detail and data analysis and reporting skills. The Marketing Assistant will need to conduct a range of online and traditional marketing activity, so you must be willing to organise and attend industry events and help develop and design marketing collateral.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for helping drive marketing activity to increase lead generation to support the sales team to achieve their targets, improve brand awareness, increase engagement with existing members and help position Smarterly as the leader in workplace savings.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to develop their marketing skills and really make an impact on the success of the business by joining at a vital stage of growth.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with digital and traditional targeted marketing campaigns for employees, employers and existing members, including writing copy and creating HTML emails using Mailchimp.
- Brief designers to create marketing materials including printed and digital brochures, flyers, posters, presentations, case studies and adverts, and proof read collateral and assets.
- Edit materials such as infographics, adverts and flyers via Adobe Creative Suite – specifically Photoshop and InDesign.
- Event management for and attendance at sponsored industry events and Smarterly events.
- Research and develop articles for the website blog.
- Upload and make changes to web content.
- Manage the Smarterly social media accounts including content and calendar creation, posting timely content, responding to comments/messages, building social lists and increasing engagement rates across all the social media accounts.
- Monitoring and analysis of campaign and social performance metrics, using tracking and analytical software, creating reports and dashboards as part of overall marketing report.
- Collating MI and creating reports for partners detailing uptake on employer engagement.
- Managing a database of corporate prospects and existing members to capture engagement, response rates and actions for each contact, ensuring data adheres to GDPR.
- Conduct research on competitors, industry and marketing developments and trends.
- Source relevant sponsorship opportunities; events, awards, advertising.
- Ensuring all marketing activity is aligned with the wider marketing strategy and adheres to brand guidelines and standards.
- Ensuring all marketing activity is Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) compliant and recorded on the compliance log.
- Educated to degree level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Highly organised, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and deliver these effectively working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Experience managing social media accounts and running campaigns.
- Experience researching and writing content for different channels.
- Experience in using email campaign software.
- Experience and/or understanding of working with a content management system and website content upload.
- An understanding of marketing automation would be advantageous.
- Occasional travel for events required.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Start date: 15/07/2019