Business Development Associate
About the Role
We are looking for a business development associate who will work directly with the CEO to develop our connection with accounting firms across the UK. This is a great opportunity to work in a fintech startup that is working to introduce new payment systems to the UK.
This will be right for any Business or Finance major who has a head for finance, understands basic accounting and is an exceptional communicator. You will be working directly with experienced startup founders and have the chance to experience what it’s really like to bring on your first 100 customers.
Commazero is an early stage business that creates payment portals that customer’s love. We have developed a new method to communicate with suppliers, and a way to pay their invoices using brand new open banking payments.
Commazero is at the heart of London’s fintech scene. We are building technology to make use of the latest in payment technology. We are bridging the gap between a world that is complicated by antiquated, complex, and expensive processes and new businesses that are disrupting markets.
We value creativity, diversity, and challenging conventional thinking. We believe in supporting each other, managing our time, and learning everyday.
We are looking for a junior business development associate with great energy who will help bring on Commazero’s first customers. We have been working with accountants across the summer, and the feedback so far has been incredible. This is a great opportunity for students interested in building their experience working with clients and/or working in the financial and/or technology sectors.
You’ll be easy going, friendly, courteous and not too pushy. You will have no concern with communicating with people you don’t know by email, over phone, or video call. You will be a great listener and understand who to analyse multiple conversations to help provide direction to product and marketing teams. You will need to understand accounting terms.
What you’ll be doing:
- Determining and segmenting prospect lists using the Beauhurst database
- A/B testing email messaging to determine the greatest response rate from prospects
- Help to set meetings with the CEO with prospects
- Participating in interviews with prospective customers to determine cash flow issues
- Supporting customers to help ensure their customers pay early using Commazero’s tools
- Using your research and evaluation reports, you will be working closely with the product team to guide prototype and engineering efforts
We are looking for a permanent staff member who can start within the next 6 weeks.
We are looking for someone that has a way of connecting with people that few can match - a natural at engaging others in a mission or vision.
We consider the following critical to the role:
- Must love speaking to people and love having conversations. Fluent English is a must
- You will need to understand accounting basics - cash flow, receivables, debtor days, payment terms, and net & gross profit.
- Must be a self starter and have great interpersonal skills
- Must be an active listener, and be able to adapt and learn based on what they hear
- Must be high energy and high output
- Must be an exceptional story teller
- Must be able to think on their feet, be creative and think of new ways to do things
- Must be ready to work in a startup environment
This role is anticipated to be remote unless circumstances change.
We usually work in the Huckletree coworking space in White City with lots of other startups and creative people. It's an amazing space with a fantastic bunch of people. 100% remote working is fully supported or you are welcome to work in the office should you so desire.
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 per year
Location: Remote or White City
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Start date: 02/11/2020