QA and Operations Specialist
Mobilise Technology is a technology company that provides mobility solutions for small, medium or large business in the field of telecommunications. We support our clients by providing Strategy Consulting, Solutions Design & Management and Software Development services. Mobilise's expertise is particularly focused on B2B2C software development of disruptive new and innovative products that help telecom and technology providers offer better services.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance and Operations Specialist to join our fantastic team of passionate people. The right candidate has to be an engaging team player who is technically inclined, eager to learn about digital product management and operations.
You will be working with cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced environment to help develop digital products and ensure excellent customer experience. This is a key a role in the business that will give you an exposure to different aspects within the business like; product, engineering, quality assurance, client management and customer experience.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking someone who is technology driven, likes to work in a dynamic environment, is eager to learn, and has good attention to detail. We love people who are ambitious about software development and like to take part in creating new solutions and products.
Why you will love it?
Mobilise Technology is creating new opportunities and services in every industry, and we like to focus on enabling businesses to offer better and smarter services to their customers. Which means you will be introduced to several diverse new technologies business opportunities.
You will be working closely with senior management and report directly to head of products and operations. Additionally, you will be engaging on regular basis with project managers, development teams and other stakeholders – internally and externally. This a team player role that helps the work flows swiftly between different teams. The role’s responsibilities are grouped into two parts as below.
Operations specialist key responsibilities:
- Respond to support requests, escalations, service outages or other incidents from clients, suppliers, internal team-members and end-users within the agreed.
- Actively monitor and react to real-time system conditions and make recommendations for improvements to our monitoring and reporting model.
- Work with the systems and network administration teams to resolve complex issues within specific SLA.
- Perform basic systems troubleshooting and management, coordinating and escalating with appropriate teams when necessary.
- Perform root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Assist Product Support departments in resolving customer complaints. Ensure Technical Support commitments are met.
- Help developing key KPI and report to exec team. And ensure any discrepancies are picked up and investigated promptly.
Quality assurance specialist key responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Product Owner to review and understand the product requirement and its scope.
- You will be designing and writing functional and non-functional test cases, test scripts, test plans and acceptance criteria for digital products for both mobile applications (Android and iOS) and websites.
- Perform functional and non-functional testing across multiple platforms: Web and Mobile to ensure our products and services meet acceptance criteria.
- Provide clear and concise bug reports using tools like Jira and take ownership to confirm they are addressed by the development team.
- Collaborating with our design and engineering teams to understand and resolve complex issues.
- Proactively investigate customers’ feedback and reported bugs and convert them into actionable tasks for our product and/or development team.
- Ensure our products and services follow the latest UX and UI market trends.
Skills we are looking for:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills (B2C and B2B), with the ability to turn complex ideas into easily understood concepts.
- Have an experience working in technical support, QA analyst or similar role for a telecom or software provider.
- Good understanding of mobile apps (iOS & Android) and web development and up to date with latest tech trends.
- You can write and perform Regression and Usability test cases.
- You’ve great problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to streamline processes and communication across teams.
- Good understanding of Database structure and knowledge of basic commands using MYSQL to query database would be great but not essential.
- Familiar with agile methodologies, particularly Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
- Excellent MS Office Suite and equivalent Google suite products.
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 per year
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Start date: 18/01/2020