Maple & Co
About Maple & Co
We make eating good food a habit for all. Our food is joyful, colourful and vibrant, using seasonal ingredients that work together to provide powerful nutritional benefits. EAT HAPPY.
Maple & Co was created in 2015 for all the foodies out there who love to be around food but also need the energy to enjoy all the opportunities life has to offer. Energy comes from eating a balanced and nutritious diet that you can find in our 8 central London outlets.
We love eating the rainbow and this is reflected in our healthy breakfasts, hearty salads, gluten-free treats and juices and smoothies.
Maple & Co was created for people that are hungry for food and life!
About the Role
Maple & Co are looking for a Digital Intern to help them manage their social media channels and marketing activities by sharing and engaging with our community and creating content to develop the audience and drive growth.
Initially this opportunity is for 18 hours per week, paid at £200p/w for a 3-month period. Hours can be worked on a flexible basis, and should be agreed weekly in advance with your manager. It's a great opportunity to get hands on experience running social media and marketing activities for a food brand with multiple stores in central London.
The ideal candidate will be...
- A graduate from a digital marketing or sales and business development discipline
- Someone with a passion about food and wellbeing
- A good copywriter with experience in blogging and social media (ideally demonstrated by own account or a client managed account)
- A budding marketer with some experience or understanding of email marketing, Wordpress and HTML/CSS
- Managing expectations - ability to work independently (likely at home) and meet job requirements but reaching out for support when needed
- Creativity and communication skills – clever and witty content, messaging and tone of voice, strong written English/ copy writing
- Sales and marketing - making products/ ideas into attractive propositions through imagery, video
- Relationship building – ability to develop and build relationships with existing and new partners/ influencer relations
- Come up with a social media strategy to increase followers to 10k on Instagram and set a realistic target on Facebook (Audience Development and Growth)
- Regularly identify and introduce sponsorship and/or partnership opportunities
- Advise on the tools you would recommend using to effectively drive social media growth and to manage marketing activities, and help with the implementation.
Content Planning, Creation and Tracking
- Weekly planning of posts and design content needed for posts and stories
- Animated tiles & IG story designs
- Monthly planning of competitions/ features
- Copywriting for our blog and posts using our TOV
- Photography i.e. filtering, adding brand typography
- Videography editing e.g. cutting a 30 minute video down to 2 mins
- Supplementing brand generated content with other sources e.g. viral memes?
- Monthly newsletters using Mailchimp
- Weekly/ monthly stats report
- Build and deliver high reaching influencer campaigns tied to product or business objectives
- Deliver influencer "business as usual posts" such as an influencer cooking one of our recipes on regular high frequency basis
- Community management and engagement 24/7 responding to comments and queries on Facebook and Instagram and very occasionally Twitter. (within reason)
Location: London (Remote during lockdown)
Working hours: 18 hours per week during the hours of 9-5pm (flexible)
Contract: Fixed term
Start date: 14/08/2020