We're a premier platform that enables users to back themselves and challenge anyone from around the world to a game of their choosing. Basically, this gig is about believing in yourself and backing yourself, so you can take home some hard-earned cash ...kind of like this job! Taking risks and crazy chances aren’t our thing - we empower people to believe in their own skills and worth and control their own destiny.
Bottom line? Stakester is where heroes come to back themselves. We’re a new company with a diverse squad of competitors, gamers and previous startup winners. We value hunger, passion, ideas and shared success and we want you to fit right in!
About the Role
Welcome to The Back Yourself Show, hosted by Stakester founder Tom Fairey. On a mission to help everyone pursue their passion and control their own destinies, on this podcast you will find conversations with the world’s best founders, investors and oracles of wisdom. More content from the podcast can be found at www.backyourself.show
The Podcast Editor / Producer will work independently and report to the Founder.
- Degree in Media Production, Music Tech, or another Audio/Production related degree
- An interest in Startups / entrepreneurship and podcasts
- Experience of editing podcasts
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Develop and hone existing and new show concepts
- Work with and hone talent to deliver best-performances
- Own all aspects of shows/series from conception to production including research, sourcing & booking guests, pre-interviews, writing scripts and planning out the structure of the story/episode
- Be the coordinator and ultimately responsible party on all podcasts.
- Be responsible for the editorial and production integrity of the shows/series
- Perform daily, high fidelity, narrative audio technical and content editing
- Sound design including ambient audio, intro/outro sequences and music curation
- Produce short sponsor or advertising spots
- Be the responsible party for daily and weekly productions
- Work with talent to create best-possible performances
- If you are entrepreneurial or looking to start your own business one day - you will gain access to the TOP early stage companies and investors in the UK!
Mon-Fri 10am - 6pm
- Location is subject to change depending on Covid 19 circumstances. We will be happy to discuss working from home or the London studio. We are respectful to personal circumstances around isolation / shielding that may mean travel and studio attendance is tough
- We’ll get in touch on the platform if we like the look of your profile
- We’ll then ask you to complete a short task so we know you have the ability to run with this project
- This role is initially a fixed-term 3-month internship - designed to give you some practical experience. Ultimately, if all works out, the role will then be a permanent position
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 per year
Location: London / Remote
Working hours: Monday to Friday 10am-6pm
Contract: Fixed term
Start date: 16/11/2020