Social Media and Community Manager
billx is a revolutionary new way to pay or get paid, with complete trust and security - whichever bank you use. We use open banking to make it faster, simpler and more secure to pay online, in app or in person. billx is in beta mode with users signing up to get early access to the app when it launches in September. We are seasoned tech entrepreneurs with global ambitions for the company in a multi billion pound industry.
About the Role
We are looking for a smart, passionate and driven individual to join us on this exciting journey.
We are looking for a digitally confident and self-motivated student, graduate or junior that is social media savvy in a personal or business capacity and thrives when communicating and interacting. The role is remote but the founding team are in London, Exeter and Brighton.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills, a keen interest in digital marketing and brand development and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to engage in conversations with our community and customers.
Our ethos is to trust and empower in a learning environment. With trust comes responsibility and we are looking for someone who is creative, independent, will take ownership and get stuck in.
- Build a community of brand advocates with engaging, thoughtful and interesting commentary and content through our social media channels
- Set and implement social media campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Work closely with the design team and brief them in on assets that you need to make our comms shine
- Research and monitor payments and open banking news and trends
- Respond to comments and customer queries across social media, Intercom and Discourse in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Build and maintain brand awareness and tone of voice
- Manage the Discourse online community forum
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology/social channel trends
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Analytical and data literate
- Hands on experience growing social media and managing
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Resilience and willingness to learn new skills
Nice to have
- Background or qualification in Marketing or relevant field
- Experience as a business social media or community manager
- Experience launching a social or community initiative
What we offer
- Opportunity to join a startup at the forefront of a payment revolution and have a significant impact
- A full time position for the right person and huge opportunity for role growth
- A hands on position that offers a variety of career enhancing experiences
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals.
- Compensation dependant on experience
At billx we strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. billx is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Salary: £16,000 to £18,000
Location: Remote (London when not remote)
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Contract: Fixed term
Start date: 15/06/2020